Senior Hydraulic Service Technician
REPORTING TO: Service Manager, Branch Manager
HYSPECS is New Zealand's largest privately owned hydraulic engineering company, with branches in Auckland, Christchurch, Melbourne, Brisbane and a locally based representative in Nelson. We specialise in hydraulic system design, specification and component selection, servicing and maintenance of existing plant and equipment. We import products from manufacturers in Europe, USA & Asia to support the local market. We also have a manufacturing division (HYTECH) utilising CNC milling machines to produce hydraulic cartridge valve manifold technology. Our goal is to be a successful business by providing the best product support, technical support and customer service in the NZ hydraulic industry.
More company info here: www.hyspecs.co.nz
Participate in all aspects of service & project work and assist with some management activities. Help to ensure all customers get the best service and support possible. Help to maintain and improve the profitability of the company. Help to maintain and improve standards in all areas.
- Complete all service work requested, working as efficiently as possible while maintaining a high level of quality.
- Travel out of town as required to complete work.
- Complete all relevant documentation for work conducted.
- Contact customers as required to provide progress updates, and to help maintain good relations.
- Assist with day to day inquiries coming into the department as required.
- Quote jobs, as required, either directly or in conjunction with other team members, while maintaining or improving profitability.
- Coordinate with the Service Manager and Sales team regarding upcoming projects, and general service work for the department.
- Complete relevant training as appropriate to maintain and build your own skill set.
- Assist less experienced members of the team, and help them increase their knowledge.
- Assist with arranging and/or conducting technical training for service staff.
- Assist with debt collection – attending meetings and contacting customers as required.
- Help negotiate resolutions with customers when issues arise.
- Coordinate with Service Manager regarding daily operation of the department.
- Help implement strategies to allow continued positive growth of the service department.
- Complete other duties as required to help ensure the branch runs smoothly at all times.
- Assist Senior Management as required.
- Strong mechanical trade skills
- Strong fault finding skills in a wide variety of applications
- Good knowledge of a wide range of hydraulic product
- Ability to install and commission hydraulic systems on site
- Ability to read and understand a hydraulic circuit
- Ability to test and diagnose a wide range of hydraulic components and systems.
- Ability to repair a wide range of hydraulic components to a high level of quality
- Ability to pick up, retain, and apply a wide variety of new ideas and principles
- Good leadership skills
- Good communication – both written and verbal
- Good time management
- Good interpersonal skills
- Sound knowledge of systems and procedures and measures of company
For more information on Hyspecs visit our website at www.hyspecs.co.nz
Applicants for this position should have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa.