HYDRAULIC SALES ENGINEER
Our team is looking for a one of a kind Sales Engineer to be based at our Christchurch premises to take care of, and grow, our local business. You will enjoy, and thrive in, a busy, hard-working, but sociable environment where there is a large variety of work and a great culture. To succeed in this role you need to have come from the hydraulic industry, which, by its nature can be challenging and complex. It is a demanding but rewarding role.
You will be working for a company that prides itself in being New Zealand’s largest privately owned fluid power engineering company and who’s goal is to provide engineered solutions that creates successful customers and a successful, profitable company. We are the one stop shop for hydraulic solutions which makes the role challenging and interesting. You would be part of a team of awesome engineers, trades people, technical sales, and service professionals who provide an amazing service to our broad customer base. The industries that we service include forestry, aquaculture and marine, power generation, civil construction and many more.
We have a inclusive, collaborative team environment that actively encourages each team member to continually learn and develop their skills and knowledge.
The sales role requires you to:
- Maintain, grow and improve the relationships of the customers that are allocated to you as well as new customers
- Plan and maintain a regular call cycle of your customers.
- Present, promote and sell the products and services that are offered by Hyspecs to prospective, new, and existing customers.
- Have technical knowledge of our products so that you can support and provide solutions for our customers
- Complete designs, quotes and tenders in conjunction with other team members as appropriate
- Assist with the day to day enquiries coming in to the branch
- Have great sales techniques and tools that will enable you to build and develop existing customer relationships and successfully gain new ones.
- Participate in regular internal training to further your knowledge
- Know, aim for and achieve the KPI’s that are set for you, alongside the management team
You will be the sort of person that:
- Can work independently but also within a team environment
- Has a desire to always learn and can retain the knowledge gained
- Works well with a wide range of people
- Has a good understand of hydraulic systems, product and its application
- Can communicate well both written and verbally
- Has the ability to listen well and show respect to those you interact with
- Enjoys solving problems and helping people
Your salary package will include a company vehicle, a cell phone and laptop. To apply for this role you need to be eligible to work in NZ and have local industry knowledge as indicated. Please apply to jobsCH@hyspecs.co.nz with your CV and in your email please explain why you believe you are the person that can be successful in this role.