Electrical Engineer / Technician
REPORTING TO: Engineering Manager
HYSPECS is New Zealand's largest privately owned hydraulic engineering company, with branches in Auckland, Christchurch, Melbourne, Brisbane and locally based representatives in Nelson and Tauranga. We specialise in hydraulic system design, specification and component selection, servicing and maintenance of existing plant and equipment. We import products from manufacturers in Europe, USA & Asia to support the local market. We also have a manufacturing division (HYTECH) utilizing CNC milling machines to produce hydraulic cartridge valve manifold technology. Our goal is to be a successful business by providing the best product support, technical support and customer service in the NZ hydraulic industry.
As part of the engineering team you will work with the sales and service departments to deliver electro-hydraulic solutions to our customers.
- As part of the engineering team you will work with the sales and service departments to deliver electro-hydraulic solutions to our customers.
- Fault-finding, maintenance and commissioning of industrial electrical equipment (some local and overseas travel may be required).
- Design & build electrical control panels.
- Wiring up of control panels, motors, hydraulic valves, sensors etc in our workshop and on site.
- Supply a certificate of compliance or electrical safety certificate as required.
- Assist us to comply with Worksafe regulations.
- A trade or tertiary electrical qualification.
- 5 years working experience.
- Excellent verbal and written English communication skills.
- High level of computer literacy and general software skills.
- Practical can do attitude.
- Good hands on skills with attention to detail.
- Valid driver’s license.
- Registered electrician with the EWRB.
- Dealing with and Managing Customers.
- Experience in Hydraulics, Variable Speed Drives or Linear Actuators.
- Programming PLC’s to automate mobile or industrial machinery.
- Design electrical schematics using AutoCad or Solidworks.
- Mechanical aptitude.
- Knowledge of Auto-Electrical Systems.
- Project Management Skills.
Some examples of hydraulic systems we have designed recently:
- Grape Harvester
- Bark Blower Truck
- Mussel Barge
- Forestry Processing Head
- Motorised Access Equipment
- Four-wheel drive vehicle
Applicants for this position should have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa.